Friday 3 August 2012

decking

as

Addingtons
from Rushden, have been doing our decking. When we researched raised decking, we found it was advisable to get it professionally done to ensure it is structurally sound. The deck itself is done, here it is before the steps and balustrade are done.

I type this in a room with a real floor - the larger front bedroom will be my sewing room, so Keith has laid ash flooring from Kahrs, the same as he will lay throughout downstairs. I am unpicking and re-sewing the curtains from our old bedroom to go in here. They are a beautiful rich coloured patterned corduroy, and I am very glad that I can (I hope!) make them fit here.

We have had 2 fantastic days out at the Olympics - one at the Olympic Park where we saw women's basketball, and one at the beach volleyball. The travel was good, there were lots of stewards to show us where to go, and the commentators explained what was going on and how the games scored. The rest of the time, we listen to the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment